Sunday, November 23, 2008

Brownies/Interviews


We traveled all over the mission this week as President Cox needed to interview all the missionaries serving in our mission. We are now back up to 150 missionaries so it takes us 5 full days to complete. We picked up Elder Gonzales, from Kansas on Monday evening at the aeropuerto. He had been sent home on a Medical leave with kidney stones and after several months was able to return. At the same time we brought Elder Diaz into the office to serve as a 3rd Asst. Every month for interviews I bake brownies for the missionaries. They look forward to this special treat. I used to be able to buy a 4 pkg Brownie Mix at Costco for 54.90 pesos....but it has gone to 82.90 pesos now...So I am trying to figure if I can afford to continue this treat (they really look forward to interviews because of the brownies)....really that is about $4.00 a zone for $36 a month......We'll have to see how that plays into the budget this coming year. My picture this week represents a Sociedad de Socorro Mtg in Guanajuato. I have been taking Chocolate Cookies to Guanajuato for some time now...and they all wanted to learn how to make them...so we had a Galleta de Chocolate class. It was fun. They help me so much with my Spanish and it was so much fun being with them. I've been invited back for a chicken class...and they are teaching me Salsa...so we'll see how that all plays out.

1 comment:

Allan and Diane said...

Oh what a fun group of gals there. It looks like you are cooking up a storm. Those sisters don't know how fortunate they are to have you-Mrs. Betty Crocker--to teach them. YUM, YUM.