Thursday, February 19, 2009

Open House and then off I go............

I have no pictures of this day. We all returned Friday afternoon to our homes. I babysat my little Wesley...my first time alone....while Mark and Tina enjoyed a Valentine's Dinner with their friends in Fresno. We had so much fun. We played, read stories, took a bath...had a little dinner and then rocked and sang til Wesley fell asleep. Early Saturday we were back ironing and preparing for party. Actually, Tina had everything in order, we just needed to iron and set up table and chairs. We had a special candy table an dessert bar catered by Natalie Wilbur. They were delicious. Susan and Dave arrived and I took them down to the ranch for a tour....and we dressed for the party. Everything went like clockwork from here on out....we enjoyed the visit from all of family, friends and neighbors. Matt and Brenna arrived in a limo an stayed for pizza and opened gifts before returning to the beach for the rest of their honeymoon. We cleaned up....attended church in Tulare ward.......had birthday dinner for Mel, locked up the house once again and then off I went...back to where I belong for another 16 months. It was a wonderful 10days....but I am thankful to have the opportunity to return to our Mission and our missionaries.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

What a very special time you have had. I am so appreciative that I was able to be there to share in the temple sealing, and the wedding party. I can't believe that Matt is married. It was a very sweet experience to be there with him for that landmark in his life. I missed Bob, too. Please hug him for me. It was so great to see you. I am so happy for you and the great experiences you are having in Leon. My heart is full when I reminisce and ponder the many things we have shared in life. How thankful I am for your friendship - truly one of the greatest blessings in my life.

Grammy Carrie said...

Becky... It has been fun for Bart and I to go back in time and see what friends from our 2 years in
Corcoran are up to.. I cannot believe that those little babies that played in my livingroom while we painted and made back drops for the road show shortly after we moved there are old enough to go on missions and be married.. My youngest Cort is serving in Zimbabwe, Africa. He will be home in Dec. and I see that your little guy is no longer little... I enjoy reading your blog every now and again to see what you are up to on your mission.. Melanie is so beautiful.. I remember her in beehives I wished that I had her flawless tanned skin.. and after seeing her pictures I still wish I had that beautiful complexion.. It has been almost 20 years since Bart started the Church building there.. we hope to someday go and see it other than in Adamson's blog.. Enjoy the rest of your mission.. Love, Carrie Peterson