Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Wedding trip home filled with love and laughter


I had the opportunity to slip away from the mission for 10 days. It was really weird traveling without Bob. It was harder than we expected be separated during this special time...but sacrifice brings forth blessings and so I went and he stayed.

It was so very special to be with my family. Mark and Tina had made special preparations so all would be in order and I enjoyed sleeping in my own bed, cooking in my own kitchen....walking around the ranch and visiting with neighbors and friends. (Tina was so very kind to loan me her car so I could take care of all my errands) Thursday evening we enjoyed dinner with Mel's family, Friday...I spent the day in the dentist's office...did a little shopping, bought my dress for the wedding and had dinner with friends and family. Saturday we all drove to the beach house...it was a rainy weekend but I had opportunity to walk on my beach and enjoy a beautiful sunset with my little Wesley. We decorated the house special for the honeymooners and then returned home for dinner at Tina's. Monday morning we were off to Utah and enjoyed a reunion with Elder Emery, Elder Checketts and Elder Black. It was so very wonderful to be in home of Elder Emery and meet his parents and family, his wife and the girlfriend of Elder Checketts. They only thing that could have been better would be to have President Cox with us as well...but that time will come.

No comments: