Sunday, December 13, 2009

All with the Spirit of Christmas



We completed zone conferences on Thursday this week. It was with mixed emotions as well. They are alot of work for me...remembering birthdays, baptisms that need to be recognized with candy letters, cookie plates; picture board for zone and district
pictures and then all the little extras for this special month...gifts, food, nativity, music, etc. But, I know the missionaries really appreciate this special time and that is what makes it all worthwhile. The highlight, all three years, of our Christmas zone conferences has been the Christmas Story tradition. I love this time with our missionaries. We have done it different ways each year and it is always special. This year....I suppose, it was so special because it was our last....but, as we read the Christmas story from Luke and sang as a choir or angels or, solo or duets, the Spirit was so sweet and the message so strong of the divinity of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for this special time in my life to feel of our Savior's Love and share that with our missionaries. We love them so very much. I am posting a picture of the Silao District with Elders Tenney, Ray, Lopez J, Guajardo, Guthrie and Conde. This is just a sampling of our special missionaries that serve the Lord in the Leon Mexico Mission. The zone picture is of Aguascalientes under the direction of their fearless zone leaders Elder Ditto and Elder Ruiz I am not sure what is the message behind their creative poise.....

2 comments:

Allan and Diane said...

You TRULY do make those Zone Conferences so special with your unique and caring touch! Would you believe our December Zone Conf. was NO different than Nov, or Oct, or Sept. Oh well, I know you are the best Mission Mom on the planet.

mom2charlie said...

I am Elder Jordy Guthrie's mama. I check on your blog often to see what he is doing...imagine my surprise and UTTER HAPPINESS to see a picture of my little boy!!! Oh, how I want to hug and kiss him right now. It is times like these that I am so very grateful for you, Sis Cox, for being his Missionary Mom. I can tell you love your missionaries, every one of them. Of course I think you have a mighty special one in Elder Jordan Guthrie...and they are all special to you and Pres Cox..and the Lord.
Thank you so much for everything you do.
Sis Lisa Guthrie
mm to Elder Jordan Lane Guthrie
Leon Mex 3/09-3/11